Monday, December 9, 2013

Day #299 of 365 Days with Reasons Why I Love You



#299

Ginny, I love you because, a long time ago, soon after we married, you spilled
a brown sugar and bourbon sauce for a ham into the oven. You called out for
help.

I walked in.

You knelt in front of the oven and fearfully said, "When I
basted the ham and tried to put it back in the oven, the ham rolled and tilted
the pan."

"Well, let's clean it up and make more sauce."

We worked together that afternoon and got everything right.

Later you said, "I thought you'd be mad at me?"

I held you tight. "Gin, things happen. The next major kitchen disaster will probably
be mine. I know you won't be mad at me; I know you'll laugh at me and help make
it better, just like everything we'll face in life."

No comments:

Post a Comment